
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51VQ3D6KF7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Task for literature students: describe briefly your reactions to the novel Perfume. Has the book inspired you, enlightened you, frightened you or moved you in a positive or negative way? How would you compare your views on the book to the other two world literature works we have covered so far?
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHola.
ReplyDeleteActually I don't like this book but still you can learn some lesson from this book about life like how people totally different from each other.
ReplyDeletemy reaction to perfume was pretty neutral. although i liked all the descriptions and the story line, i still had to force myself to read it it. the only thing about the book that kind of gets me is how grenouille just kills people without thought. it is quite creepy how the author writes it... as if the people are just objects and nothing more. my views on this book are much better than the last two. i felt as though the first two novels dragged on... mainly because they were a bit dull, but also because i had read them before.
ReplyDeleteActually each time reading it I see something new.
ReplyDeleteThe 1st time, I don't remember much, except that I was totally overwhelmed. Such a masterpiece, I must say!
Of course each reader has her or his own interpretation. But for me, the most important point I've found out is that it's a book of human stupidity. Einstein once said "Only 2 things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." It's so easy to deceive people, with some perfume he fools them, makes them believe that he also has a scent, then uses different types of perfumes to create different reactions like sympathy or nausea. And love, extreme love, and passion, that the people themselves don't even know. They look at him like an angel, kneel down before him as though he's God. A great book on conformity. In life most people often believe common sense, follow the majority, say or do something most people do, without knowing why, foolishly, blindly.